Marijuana has been legal in Washington state since 2012, and with the widespread introduction of CBD products as well, evidence-based information on its use can be hard to find. This will NOT be advice on “how to use”, but WILL feature:
- Cannabis 101: what it is, how it works, CBD and THC.
- Legal status of cannabis: federal vs. state; CBD (hemp) vs. THC.
- Health effects and correlations (evidence-based therapeutic benefits and risks).
- Washington Poison Center: what they are and how they can help.
- Calls to the Washington Poison Center about cannabis (pediatric exposure).
- Safe use and storage.
Cohosted by – Burlington Healthy Community Coalition, Sedro-Woolley RISE Coalition, United General District #304, North Sound Region Youth Marijuana Prevention Program Coordinated by Whatcom County Health Department, Northwest Education Service District 189